HAPPY NEW YEAR! Currently January

I'm linking up with Farley for her monthly Currently to kick my blogging year off on the right foot!





Listening - to the Winter Classic on TV. Capitals vs Blackhawks. I have no strong feelings towards it but I'm at my friend's house and she loves hockey.

Loving - I've had THE BEST break. The. Best. It was very necessary, and very well-deserved. There are pieces of school this year that are really trying for me, and this break has been exactly what I needed. Lots of time with the most incredible friends a girl could ask for, lots of great food, and lots of laughing. 

I'm also SUPER DUPER pumped for my little overnight jaunt into NYC tomorrow to meet up with my college roommates! All four of us haven't been together since July of 2012! I'm so, so excited!!

Thinking - about my To-Do list for school. I shouldn't say I haven't touched it because I spent a day in my classroom, but it was all spent doing organizing things that fell by the wayside in December. 

Wanting - for all my planning and prepping for next week to be done so I can enjoy the last few days of my break.

Needing - to be better about turning off my teacher brain more often. A huge thing I want to do in 2015 is find a balance between work and my life outside of work, and be better about turning off my teacher brain. I worry that I'll get too fried so early in my career, and I love my job so dearly I don't want that to happen!

YES - I WILL #bebetter2015. I came up with this as my resolution last year too. Be better. It's nothing against the person I am now, nothing negative, but there are many things that I need to do to work on myself and make myself the best person, blogger, TpTer, teacher, friend, daughter, etc., that I can be! I took some HUGE steps in 2014 to work on myself and I hope to continue that into this year, keep up my hard work, and make even bigger strides!

MAYBE - One of my best friends since childhood moved to New Orleans this past June. I miss her SO MUCH when she's gone (but she's home now for the Christmas break...literally laying on the floor near me as I type this) and I may go down to NOLA for the weekend before Mardi Gras!

A WISH - I just saw that SDE is doing an I Teach 2nd Conference this summer in Vegas...I'm DYING to go! And while I'm there, I may as well get myself to the TpT Conference too! :o) I don't know if it's in the cards for this year, but hey, you never know!


HAPPY NEW YEAR, BLOGGY FRIENDS!!
Here's to a year of happiness, health, growth, love, and laughter!





5 comments

  1. I have plans to attend the TPT conference again this year and may attend one of the SDE conferences as well. I love Vegas :) Hope you get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from New Orleans, you'd love it and I'm sure your friend is doing her best to convince you to go. I would definitely go the weekend right before, that's when all the big super parades roll, which are everyone's faves, but they also bring out the celebrities too and grand marshals :-D If you've never been to NOLA, it'll change you, gets under your skin and you can't get rid of it, not that you'd want it to :) Also it's imperative to shop at Fleurty Girl, she's become a new NOLA fixture and her shops sell all things quintessentially New Orleans, you'd love it. Have fun on your trip to NY and NOLA, hint hint wink wink ;)

    Darnee
    A Tale of Two Classrooms

    ReplyDelete
  3. My poor teacher bag is full of papers and others things that I have avoided since the first day of break. I went in and spent a morning cleaning up and organizing but I didn't touch by bag!

    WE will get it done. Enjoy NYC!

    Happy New Year!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turning off the teacher brain is so hard to do! If you ever figure out the secret, let me know :)

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your first days back were good! So glad I found your blog!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top