Five For Friday!

Happy 4th Everyone!! I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching today for her Five for Friday linky!


I talked about this last week in my Five for Friday but I just have to talk about it again...last Friday night I went to see Zac Brown Band with my girls at Fenway!! We had the. best. day. Ohmygosh! We went up to Newport for the day to go to the beach, then headed into Boston for the concert! I LOVE Zac Brown and I've been wanting to see them for a long time! They played ALL of the songs I wanted to hear, including cliche but my all-time-favorite Knee Deep. My favorite part of the concert had to be when he closed with Chicken Fried, and had to stop the song when he got to the "I thank God for my life, and for the stars and stripes"...he had a serviceman up on stage and the crowd went CRAZY with "USA!" chants and screaming! There are fewer places I've ever felt so patriotic! :o)




I love being able to see family in the summer! I'm the oldest of 14 cousins on my dad's side of the family. Most of my cousins are concentrated here in CT, but our California cousins came out to visit this past week! It was so good to see them and catch up....the baby cousins all graduated from HS this year and are headed off to college! Here are some of us this weekend at my grandmother's beach, where we used to spend A LOT of time together in the summer! I'm the oldest all the way to the left and my brother and sister are the youngest, all the way to the right! :o)





On Monday, my grade partner Sara and I headed up to Niantic, CT to the Book Barn. 96 books for $78!! Need I say more?! TONS of choice too, chapter, leveled readers, picture books...I was like a kid in a candy store! :o)


 

 Sara and is having a birthday giveaway, click on her picture to enter!!

I'm having a 20% off sale in my TpT store to celebrate the great USA!!


In a few minutes, I'm off to a Zumba class at my gym to preemptively strike against the food I'm going to eat this weekend! My (favorite) instructor is known to go all-out for theme days/holidays, and who can resist that?! I wish you could see my whole outfit, pinterest-inspired tank and all! :o)


Happy 4th!! God Bless America!!






2 comments

  1. I saw ZBB a few years back, and it was a fun show! A couple weeks ago, I saw Toby Keith, and there was a veteran in one of the first couple rows and he was holding a flag during the concert, and was show on the screens a lot. During his finale (Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue and American Soldier), he pulled the vet up on stage and I had tears in my eyes. My dad served 23 1/2 years in the Army and anything like that just gets to me! I hope you had a great holiday!
    Lindsey
    Thriving in 3rd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Zumba...although I haven't been recently. I need to start going again. My church has two ladies that come and hold a great (HARD!) class in one of our chapels every Monday night. Crazy, right! And for $5 I should definitely take advantage more often. They do the themes just like your instructor. It makes it oh so much more fun! :)

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top